Monday, September 10, 2012
Welcome to My Blog!
Hello! I am a Secondary Science Master's Degree student at the University of Tennessee. I have a Bachelor's Degree in Biochemistry and Cellular and Molecular Biology with a minor in Secondary Education. After graduate school, I will be certified to teach 7th-12th grade.
My dream teaching job is in Chemistry at a public high school, but I will be certified for Biology as well. My internship year will be at Hardin Valley Academy teaching both chemistry, and biology. My decision to apply for the Education program and to teach high school came as a culmination of many experiences, jobs, etc. that I have had throughout college and have LOVED. Science fields are not only important for medical and research purposes, but also for the developing of students' minds and their ability to problem solve. I hope to teach science in such a way that allows students to learn the material and to increase their skill sets for use in whatever field they choose to pursue.
I have many, many hobbies. I love most outdoor activities, but my favorites include: tennis, sand volleyball, football, and throwing frisbee. I also enjoy music (singing and playing piano, mostly). I help lead worship at Crossroad at Fellowship Church on Monday nights and am involved, also, at Shoreline Church.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment